I will discuss Part 2 of the City Harvest Church (CHC) Saga, but for readers viewing this page for the first time, please visit Part 1.
For Part 1,City Harvest Church (CHC), Pastor Kong Hee and the now S$23m Financial Irregularities: http://heartlandsmack.blogspot.sg/2012/06/city-harvest-church-chc-pastor-kong-hee.html
Part 2 will be from here onward:
What has Happened After the Initial News Broke Out?
- (a) CHC's Financial Irregularities Increased from S$23m to S$50m and Executive Pastor Aries Zulkarnain tries to defend against such Negative Publicity
- (b) Details about how Kong Hee Invested the $ into Bogus Companies, which subsequently DIVERTED the funds to support Ho Yeow Sun (his wife's career)
|Credits: Diva Asia|
- (c) Details about how Kong Hee went from living in a 5 Room, S$127k HDB in Tampines just a few years ago, to now a S$9.3m SENTOSA COVE Bungalow !
|Credits: Property Guru|
- (d) Details about how vocal CHC members have been constantly protective of their Church Leaders
Before i move on, read the following paragraph about what Kong Hee & CHC is about...
a) CHC's Financial Irregularities Increased from S$23m to S$50m and Executive Pastor Aries Zulkarnain tries to defend against such Negative Publicity
- City Harvest Church (CHC) Financial Irregularities have Increased from S$23m to S$50m
- This means that a larger sum of $ is now involved in the Probe
- Executive Pastor Aries Zulkarnain tries to defend/cool the situation by issuing a statement that the S$50m is still with CHC and that no Individual profited from it
The people currently in the news are our pastors and trusted staff and leaders who have always put God and CHC first. As a church we stand with them and I believe fully in their integrity. Pastor Kong is still our Senior Pastor."
My view: Currently it's a fight between CHC against the Media, Commercial Affairs Department & Public. This is an uphill task and the public has a negative sentiment towards CHC already. This was built over through the exorbitant spending by CHC over the years
(b) Details about how Kong Hee Invested the $ into Bogus Companies, which subsequently DIVERTED the funds to support Ho Yeow Sun (his wife's career)
|Credits: The New Paper|
- Kong Hee used S$50m of the Church's Funds to invest in Bogus Companies. The $ was then transferred from the Bogus Companies to support Ho Yeow Sun's (crap) careerThe 2 Bogus Companies involved are Xtron Production and PT The First National GlasswareQuestions to Ask:
(1) Why did CHC invest in a small company ? Why not invest in Singapore Government Bonds? Singapore Government Bonds are AAA rated (Best). Extremely Safe.(2) Why would CHC go through the trouble of investing in Bonds in companies with no track record / not even heard of ?(3) Did CHC even investigate if Xtron Production and PT The First National Glassware are legitimate or profitable ?
Outcome: For CHC to even consider invest in such Bogus Companies, there are 2 main purposes.
- Confuse those checking the paper work to make the $ transfer seem legitimate
- Money Laundering
(c) Details about how Kong Hee went from living in a 5 Room, S$127k HDB in Tampines just a few years ago, to now a S$9.3m SENTOSA COVE Bungalow !
1992: 5 Room HDB Flat in Tampines, S$127,000
2010: Sold 5 Room HDB Flat in Tampines for S$420,000
2010: Bought Horizon Towers Condo Unit at River Valley, Cost Unknown
2010: Sold Horizon Towers Condo Unit at River Valley in the SAME YEAR
2010: Bought One Devonshire Condo Unit at River Valley for S$2.6m. Ho Yeow Sun was also renting a S$7.7m Bungalow at Hollywood Hills in USA for $28,000/month. WOW ?
2012: Lives in a Sentosa Cove Bungalow worth S$9.3m. This Sentosa Cove Bungalow is co-owned by both Kong Hee and Wahju Hanafi. Something smells fishy here.
|Credits: Asia One. Wahju Hanafi (left) and Kong Hee (right)|
(d) Details about how vocal CHC members have been constantly protective of their Church Leaders
- Many CHC members have been brain-washed by their Church Leaders to support the same people that scammed them right in front of their eyes. The majority of Humans are by nature herd followers (meaning they listen to others for instructions. This is also another reason why there are very few leaders and many followers)
- This entire CHC saga smells too much like a SCAM. Firstly, why would a Church buy Bonds in unknown companies ? Secondly, examining the lifestyle of the Church Founder (Kong Hee) will tell you that he is rather rich and that is rather impossible for his job as a Pastor in 10 years (1992 - 2012). Thirdly, the degree of brain wash is rather amazing. This really reminds me of the brain-wash in North Korea and Kong Il Sung, Kong Jong Il, and Kim Jon Un
- Ultimate conclusion: Scam
Let me know YOUR Views as well...
|Kim Il Sung|
|Kim Jong Il|
|Kim Jong Un|